my dog loves stone IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
so i popped open a stone IPA and poured the bottle into a glass while sitting on the couch. My dog Marshall (110 lb shepherd) who always sits right under my legs in front of the couch starts sniffing like crazy after i pour the beer, like he's got the scent for hops or something. so I put the glass down to his nose and say "is this what you smell?". He sniffs it once and proceeds to take three big dog drinks out of my glass!! My dog rules.

Crazy.

Aren't hops bad for dogs?
Hops are deadly to dogs but in beer they are pritty much no problem (alchohol isn't that great for them either). Tons of people give their dogs beer.

My dog gets a finger dip of every beer I open at home. He only wants a taste of a new beer though. If I open two of the same beer in a row he doesn't beg for the second bottle, only the first.

I've actually turned him into a beer snob, he hates BMC, lol. True story.

Hops are deadly to dogs but in beer they are pritty much no problem (alchohol isn't that great for them either). Tons of people give their dogs beer.

My dog gets a finger dip of every beer I open at home. He only wants a taste of a new beer though. If I open two of the same beer in a row he doesn't beg for the second bottle, only the first.

I've actually turned him into a beer snob, he hates BMC, lol. True story.
You're about the only person i know who could do this. lol

One of my dogs is an alcoholic. He smells a beer and he is jumping all over you. He'll get into your glass the second you turn around.

My other dog, however, won't go near the stuff. He's straight edge.

Back