My DIY Kegerator Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quimby

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do a Kegerator for the garage for a while. I have a mini kegerator already in the house and wanted to move everything out.
So I found this cheap fridge on the internet for $20.
Its an old banged up Kenmore. Had lots of scratches and dents, but still worked well.
So I cleaned it up real good, gutted out the inside, wet sanded it, filled in some dents with puddy, put primer on it, painted it and installed a couple tap handles in it.
The inside is not all setup yet with my lines but will be soon.
Here is my progress so far.

DSC_3029.jpg

DSC_3031.jpg

View attachment 2012-07-22 18.17.35.jpg

View attachment 2012-08-03 09.16.20.jpg

302410_3161651295228_1922925088_n.jpg

hey, looks great. I picked up a used chest freezer to use as my fermentation chamber and after seeing how nice that looks primed/painted I'm thinking I could improve the looks of my freezer. Nice job.

Thank you

It was fairly easy to do. I purchased some metal paint and primer from Lowes. It was a liquid paint and I used foam rollers to put it on.
Probably could have easily had it done in 2 days, but a few distractions and waiting for it to dry between coats takes its toll.

Its pretty straight forward, but if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Back