My Craigslist score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

car421

Reaction score
Every time I read one of the craigslist deals I would think why can't I find a deal like that. Well I finally did (a friend pointed the listing out).
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/4842890617.html
I got the whole lot for 200. My friend who pointed it out is taking the 2 carboy's and the bucket for 50 so my net is 150. Makes my transition to all-grain real easy. I just got my 10 gallon Igloo cooler so all I need now is a false bottom and fittings for the cooler and I am all set. Those parts will be ordered today.

You've got yourself a good deal there.

Those are the old fashioned Mexican carboys too, they are much, much better than that modern crap (with the ribs) coming from China .

One thing about that kettle. The handles are spot welded on. No not lift it up unless it's empty or near empty.

Yeah, that's the only downfall of that kettle. But at least you could do up to 10 gallons in it. Depending on the sheer size of the grain bill if doing biab.

Not too concerned with the welded handles as I will only be doing 5 gallon batches right now and will be able to cool and auto siphon into my fermenter from the burner. I have another kettle that I will be using for my mash water. I guess when I want to do 10 gallon batches I'll have to make a stand for the burner.
All in all though, I think it was a great deal.

Back