My body is a brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a story about another guy (might be the mentioned man in Texas) with this not too long ago (last year I think). He got something similar (drunk in public or something) even though he'd consumed no alcohol, but eaten a fair amount of pasta, which was then turned into ethanol in his digestive system.

I believe it's quite rare, but I'd think that as homebrewers we'd be more susceptible to it, as it sounds like overuse of antibiotics killing off digestive bacteria leading to an overgrowth of yeast is the primary cause. And I'd think us dumping not insignificant amounts of often bottle conditioned, or at least unfiltered beer down our gullets means even more yeast in there.

Mine works in reverse. Thats why I need a brewery outside my body to balance things out

also, with the irresponsible amounts of candy I cram in my face, im pretty sure i would be composed of 50% jet fuel if I had that syndrome. I'd probably be the key to new biofuel development

There was a story about another guy (might be the mentioned man in Texas) with this not too long ago (last year I think). He got something similar (drunk in public or something) even though he'd consumed no alcohol, but eaten a fair amount of pasta, which was then turned into ethanol in his digestive system.

I believe it's quite rare, but I'd think that as homebrewers we'd be more susceptible to it, as it sounds like overuse of antibiotics killing off digestive bacteria leading to an overgrowth of yeast is the primary cause. And I'd think us dumping not insignificant amounts of often bottle conditioned, or at least unfiltered beer down our gullets means even more yeast in there.

The story I read, maybe the same guy, was that he was actually one of us, a homebrewer.

The doctor put him on antibiotics which I guess killed enough of the bugs in his gut that the yeast from his homebrew was able to take over... or maybe he was trying that trick of eating straight yeast to avoid next day hangover. IDK, point is he was a homebrewer.

Latest posts

Back