My ale got 2 cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1271

Reaction score
The past couple of nights my ale droped from 65deg f to about 49deg. I have it in a frig with a Johnson temp control set at 65. We have had some cold nights and the the area that the frig is in is not climate controlled. From this point I will climate control the room and temps for the ale will be at 65. My thinking is that the ale will tast fine bu will just have to stay in the ferminter longer to hit fg. I would love a confirmation on this. Thanks mike Texas brewer:(

the impression I have is that high temperatures are more of a problem, cool temps just decrease yeast activity, and they should snap back to life when the temp gets back into the 60s for a bit.

How long had it been in the primary?

If it has been a few days since vigorous fermentation stopped, I would just bring it inside and let it finish there.
I just bought in an Oatmeal Porter for the same reason.

Same here! Must be the season.

Mine went great guns fo 4-5 hours inside, I put it into the garage to chill out.

It slowed over the next 3 days and finally stopped.

Ifigured it was the cold, so I brought it back in. No activity after a week inside.

Back