My 2nd batch of beer has been bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
I just finished making my 2nd batch of beer! Evil Pilsner.

It is now in the bottles and is being carbonated now. Pictured below on top of a case of Yuengling beer.

Third batch (Hard Cider) being started now! :mug:

006.jpg

Looks good. Get the cider going and another (bigger) batch of beer. This is a great hobby, one where you can try things interesting. I made an ale and used crushed red pepper. It had an interesting bite to it. Kind of like pizza and beer in one bottle.

I also made a version of John Palmer's "Elevenses", adding peat smoked malt. I called it "Shire Ale" after J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbits. It was great.

Looks good. Get the cider going and another (bigger) batch of beer. This is a great hobby, one where you can try things interesting. I made an ale and used crushed red pepper. It had an interesting bite to it. Kind of like pizza and beer in one bottle.

I also made a version of John Palmer's "Elevenses", adding peat smoked malt. I called it "Shire Ale" after J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbits. It was great.

The hard apple cider is still in the fermenter, & it must stay there for at least a week until fermenting is done, or a few days over.

I'll taste-test it to see. If it tastes flat with no sweetness, then it will be ready for bottling. But there still might be some sweetness there, since the recipe called for 1-1/2 cups of sugar during the making of the wort.

The recently bottled Evil Pilsner has begun carbonating, and the bottles are all just about hard, signifying that the process is going smoothly.

This is beginning to be so much fun!! I've begun a new hobby and, like McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!!! :mug:

Those look like Mr Beer PET bottles.

Could be, but one thing sets them apart.

The caps for the Mr. Beer bottles are white. The caps for Brewdemon's bottles are black.

They all probably get their bottles from the same supplier, but with different color caps. And frankly, I like the black caps much better than the white ones!

Dirt doesn't show up on them so easily! :mug:

yeah brewing is great! Never tried Cider though, my wife bought me a book on mead making so I think I'll dabble in to that in the next couple of months. Congrats on your second batch

Thanks!

I like doing it this simple inexpensive way, instead of having to buy all that astronomically expensive industrial equipment that takes up tons of room in the kitchen!!

I could never afford that anyway! Too complicated and there would seem to be much more to go wrong! :mug:

Never tried Cider though, my wife bought me a book on mead making so I think I'll dabble in to that in the next couple of months.
Do it.... mead making is a "simpler" process, to a degree, than brewing beer, and it's awesome stuff. I used to dabble in the occasional mead amongst my brews, now there's an occasional batch of beer amongst my meads....the absolute hardest part of mead making, hands down, is the patience required in terms of ferment time and aging....once you get several batches in the pipeline, it gets better, but patience is a virtue,
What book did she give you, by the way?

She got me "The Compleat Meadmaker" by Ken Schramm. It's a pretty good book. I've read a few chapters. I do want to brew mead but I also want to brew a lot of beer, I guess I hear what you are saying about getting mead in the pipeline. Perhaps this Spring I will try my first batch.

My Mr. Beer PET bottle caps are black. It is probably whatever was cheaper when orders were placed.

Latest posts

Back