Munton's Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a 3.3 pound white can?
the directions may be on the reverse side of the label?
if not these guys will get you started... Don't listen to me I'm a 6 batch beginner....
timg

I just made this same beer today but using the 5 gal batch can. I have never used the Mr.Beer but I assume it is just a fermenter. I am assuming that Mr. Beer makes a 2.5 gal batch so here is what I would do. I would take the can and warm it up in a pot of hot water this allowes the syrup to get nice and runny. While I am waiting for that I would boil a gallon of water and then disolve 500 grams of dried malt extract in that gal of water. Once the extract is runny add it to the boiling water. Then using a pyrex mesuring cup fill the can with the boiling wort and pour it back into the pot. Repeat untill all the malt is disolved. Carefull beacuse the can will be hot I wear pot holders for that. Take the wort off the stove and add cool water to top off to 2.5 gal. If you have a hyrodmeter the SG should be around 1040. Cool to room temperature and add yeast.

Best of luck!

Wing nut

Well I added about 1kg for a 5 gal batch, you will probably have to add 500g for a 2.5 gal batch. That will bring the OG up to the right amount. Muntins said to use dextrose (corn sugar) but I prefer the taste that the DME will add.

Wing nut

Usually the muntons kits are for 5 imperial gallon batches. Maybe they make special ones for mr beer though? Im thinking that 3.3# of pre hopped extract and 1# of dme will be ok. May be a bit strong though since the 3.3# of prehopped extract is meant to be diluted in 5 gallons of water - giver er a shot though should be ok.

Back