Multiple PID system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you just need to install a switch on the trigger wire of the ssr to tell the ssr witch pid to listen to.

Just like ^^

But my question to you is what would your purpose be? Two PID controlling one SSR controlling one element? It would you have another switch after the ssr to control a different element?

I only ask because I'm truly curious. I'm working on building my first electric setup

Want to see my options for adding a 2nd heating element for heating strike/sparge water to different pot.

But I could with the build I'm doing I can just install the 2nd element then swap out which element is connected.

Want to see my options for adding a 2nd heating element for heating strike/sparge water to different pot.

But I could with the build I'm doing I can just install the 2nd element then swap out which element is connected.

Sounds interesting. The thing I'd be concerned about is the tuning of the PID as it will constantly be trying to learn how to work two different systems as if they were the same system.

I fail to see the point... if your wanting to share a $4-15 ssr why not share the pid and outlet as well? just unplug one element and temp sensor and plug in the other? there are changes you can make to the pid settings to allow it to perform the job fine without autotuning.

Latest posts

Back