MPX5010 Volume Sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalisi

Reaction score
I'm trying to clean up my panel and everything associated. I need a set of knowledgeable eyes to make sure this will work. I'm putting my pressure sensors on one board and have them sharing vcc and ground. Also, I want to add the recommended vcc and data filters.

My question is can I do this as illustrated or do I need to break these apart and have caps per sensor? Or should I not even worry about the cap's and just go without the filtering?

Controller.jpg

It depends on the layout, but the 470pf are good for ESD and could be at the connector and tied as close as possible to the connector ground. Depending on the length of the cable feeding this module a lone 22uf tantalum on power line at the connector will take care of a lot of interference coming in (68uf if this board is floating out in space on a long cable). Use a 0.01uf and 1uf at each sensor as close to the pins as possible.

edit: the tantalum voltage should be a least around twice the working voltage. Watch the polarity those things will hurt you if you reverse the voltage on them.

Yes I will be putting it on the breadboard first but I need to order the caps and resistors for it. I found two different diagrams the one you shared and another. One used all caps and the other had a resistor and cap like a normal low pass filter would.

Thanks so for each sensor they need to have their own set of caps and then one on the power? When you say long what is that? I will probably have these connected with a 20' or less cat 6 cable.

Back