Moved from SLO, CA to Lowell, MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGreatReverend

Reaction score
Hey there, Everyone!

I just moved to Lowell Massachusetts and, unfortunately, I couldn't bring any of my brewing equipment with me. :(
The blue-laws up here are draconian compared to what I'm used to in California, so I'm jonesing to make something of my own. If anyone in the area needs a second set of hands brewing, I'd love to help out. I've made sweet-, spiced-, and dry-ciders, oatmeal-, and chocolate-stouts, honey-, and strawberry-blondes, Inda-, American-, and Belgium-pale ales, hefe- and dunkel-wiezens, nut-, and standard-brown ales, plus a handful of experiments, small beers, collaborations, and helping many friends get into brewing.

On a side note, does anyone from the area know a good place to buy more than Sam Adams and Bud? Sierra Nevada and some Magic Hat are about the nicest things I've seen at any of the stores I've been to. While they're good, I can't find a dark stout to save my life. Or a good pub with a good selection on tap? Or a LHBS?

If you ever go to San Luis Obipso, CA be sure to check out Spike's Pub. It's a small place, but everyone there is super nice and they have a selection of about 40 beers with 15 to 20 of them on tap. No Bud / Coors / etc.

Cheers! :mug:
-TGR

Wow, why would you leave SLO for MA. Ouch. I am in need of a good ride to out to SLO in a couple of weeks once I get my wife a helmet. Beautiful are to leave...I don't know if I could deal with the Morality Laws they have back east let alone the amount of people back east...

CalPoly doesn't offer Chemical Engineering, so I had to transferred and out here made the pick. I needed to get away from the small town for a couple years.
I love the rides out there, for sure. I never made it passed Lemore on my bike, though. What do you ride? I have a Yamaha XJ650 from '82. She's my first and still fun to ride but won't start in the cold without some ether. And, a '74 Yamaha DT-175. I rode a Ninja for a while, but I don't have any bikes out here. I really want a KLR or something close.
Thanks for saying, "Hi!"

Back