Move my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAKBREW

Reaction score
Second reading taken today.............holding steady at 1.012........will be bottling on 15th............still has a great taste.........quick question.. it's a lager (coopers kit) should I move the fermenter to my garage? it get down into the 40s at night and mid 50's during the day...........will this help with the lager.......or should I just leave it alone in my basement until bottling? (basement stays around 68)

Thanks and Cheers :mug:

RAKBREW, Although still new at brewing, I believe that the Coopers kit is a lager in name only. You don't have to worry about dropping the temps down any. I had mine at about 68-70F from fermenting to bottling (no secondary), a total of about 6 weeks and it tasted pretty good.

I believe petey c.........is correct..........I'm pretty sure coopers kits.........are all ales...........but may say lager on the label.........never brewed one myself though.........but you should be fine at your..........current temp........enjoy

p.s. how....does.....this......make......sense.....to.....anyone?

mr beer does the same thing, i have a cowboy lager, but ferments at ale temps lol confusing to newbs like me. think they wouldn't name stuff like that being kit ingredients for newbs :drunk:

Back