Mounting my C02 Tank Outside My Danby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmwhyte

Reaction score
Looking for advice.

http://www.danby.com/cms/products/en_manual/DCR34W_BL(web).pdf

This website has the specifications for my Mini Fridge (btw a 3.2Cu Ft. WILL fit a corny and 15# C02), but it seems to be telling me that the coolant lines run inside the side walls of the unit. I felt around and the side walls are markedly warmer than the back. Can anyone confirm this by taking a quick peek at the manual to confirm my suspicions? I just want a second opinion before I drill.

Hi

Most fridges do indeed have lines in the walls. Often there are lines in the top and bottom as well. I'd find a thread on your unit and see where people have been able to poke holes in the past.

Bob

Just for future reference the bottom left hand side above the compressor hump is prime real estate for drilling. Went carefully and drilled through after probing the initial hole and I now have my 15# tank sitting outside = more beer inside:mug:

Back