Mosaic hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showmebrew

Reaction score
Just got a 1/2# mosaic hops. Looking for suggestions on what to make. Will be a 10 gallon all grain batch. Thanks

Anything American. Something to really let the hops shine. IPA, APA, etc. Mosaic are my jam! Great hops. I find myself randomly working Mosaic into a number of my recipes. :rockin:

I have a few ounces of this that I picked up... I have yet to use them! What is the profile of these? I am assuming they are heavy aroma/flavoring hops... Anyone have a good comparison, or give me a heads up of what to expect?

An american Red Ale ala Lakefront's Fixed Gear.

I did this with Conan yeast. Pretty tasty, very fruity. I'm not great at describing flavors, but one person I gave it to described it as "citrusy, mango goodness." Mosaic isn't nearly as citrus-heavy as C-hops; just generally fruity. I've seen it described as mango and berry.

I have an all-Mosaic IPA in bottles, and I'd say the flavor is more papaya and guava than mango. Definitely tropical. I've also heard it described as "super-citra", but I just brewed my first beer with citra yesterday morning, so I can't really confirm or deny that.

Latest posts

Back