More violence please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aholloway17

Reaction score
I am brewing the same recipie for the third time. The only thing that has changed since I last brewed it was steeping certain grains instead of dumping into the boil.

This time around the yeasties are working as evidenced by the consistenly bubbling air lock. But, there is very little evidence in the carboy, very few bubbles. Last time the fermentation was more violent even pushing the stopper out of the carboy. What gives?

Thanks,

Allen

I am brewing the same recipie for the third time. The only thing that has changed since I last brewed it was steeping certain grains instead of dumping into the boil.

This time around the yeasties are working as evidenced by the consistenly bubbling air lock. But, there is very little evidence in the carboy, very few bubbles. Last time the fermentation was more violent even pushing the stopper out of the carboy. What gives?

Thanks,

Allen

All yeast work different, depending on there age the temp they ferment at, and the type...In general dry yeast has wicked fermentations at the beginning for a couple of days and then really calm down, but thats in general you can also get some that just go slow...but in the end they all get the job done.

aholloway17 said:
Hey, thanks for the update. Obviously I'm still a newbie but I'm having fun!

Thanks again,:tank:

No worries...I find that those on this forum who reach out, have a deep passion to make the best beer possible! Happy Brewing!

Back