More SSR questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a good deal. May take two weeks or more to get it.

I ordered mine from ebay. Similar deal. I don't need them fast so it was worth it to me for 9.99 a piece. I needed 4 of them. Shipping from china can take some time.

Edit: Sorry took a closer look at it. If I am not mistaken this is for a DC SSR. You would want AC. Make sure before you buy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I won't be able to get to the project until sometime after mid Feb anyway. I was going to build a simple PWM to control the SS.R to power my BK.

Well, 12V dc to the SSR would switch it on and off, but the SSR needs to be able to handle the 240V AC to the 4500 or 5500 watt element.

Well, 12V dc to the SSR would switch it on and off, but the SSR needs to be able to handle the 240V AC to the 4500 or 5500 watt element.

OK. That spec sheet may as well all be written in Chinese I guess. It gives one model number, shows two pictures and has SOME of the spec listed as if they might be separate units. Price is good but I guess I wouldn't buy unless I saw a better spec sheet so that I knew exactly what I was getting. I have a friend that has one I could get for free but the inputs is AC only....... I was going to make a few PMW circuits up and thought it would be just as easy to do a 'six pack' of them on one board and cut it up.

The voltage he is controlling ie his load will be 240VAC the relay was DC no go and magic smoke would ensue

Edit: Already stated, yeah spec sheets can be a PIA to read and every manufacturer is different, I have smoked my fair share of thingsbecause I misread spec sheets, PNP does not like NPN in the I/O world. But it is half the fun

Search ebay for Crydom SSR. Similar pricing, buying from US sellers. Good luck with getting any satisfaction from offshore sellers of small priced items. Been there and won't do that again.

Back