More snow? Really?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a miserable 74*F and sunny here. ;)

Haven't seen a day of snow all year. Which is odd.

I had a reply, but I don't' want to get banned.

We're actually getting about 4 inches today. I really does look like December. Fairly warm, though. Phone says 35°F, but supposed to be a high of about 39°F.

No fun to install a vent in the bathroom roof with snow covering it. maybe I'll brew instead.

Yea here in Marquette we got like 6 inches a few days ago and another heavy wet 5 inches here

Winter finally came when spring got here. It looks nice at least.

12961635_10204273259430221_5161219425875217432_n.jpg

12932620_10204273259790230_1595644887375293469_n.jpg

Woke up to 20 degrees and frost on the windows here. At least the snow is melting today, and should be gone by Friday with the rain in the forecast. Spring was so nice for those few days....I want it back.

Its -4 in here. Really hoping they would cancel class but that doesnt happen even with the -50 that we had in February or the 100 cm of snow that we got in thst same week.

I feel your pain. We here in the Rochester, NY area have received more snow this April than all of November, December and March COMBINED!!!!

So, I put my snowblower away 3 weeks ago. And THAT'S why it snowed here in the northeast. Sorry, everyone!

As a sidenote, I have a "sign" that constitutes the official beginning of spring and the end of winter weather, and even in the midst of some warm, sunny, spring-like weather two weeks ago, there was no "sign". 'What is it,' you ask? It's when the first woodchuck appears from underneath our garage. Yep, my very own Punxsutawney Phil right here in our own backyard! He KNOWS when winter's gone for sure and that it's safe to come out and nibble on the new tender green shoots. And so far, he hasn't made an appearance. I'll keep you posted. Until then, keep your snow shovels handy.

Snow: mislead or charm someone with elaborate and insincere words. It's also defined as something that falls from the sky. Another word for pollen, maybe, since that's what falls from our sky in this 89 degree weather we're having today?

View attachment 349368

Know you don't want to hear this.... (Which I why I am doing it)

The other side of Canada is going to break records for heat today!

(Pool is all set to go, but grass needs to be cut for the 4th time)

T

So envy, Im assuming you are somewhere in BC... Hopefully this is the last snowstorm of the spring...

We here in Pennsylvania have been having freezing temps at night, and snow is forcasted for this weekend, not much though and like 38 deg Saturday. That is the reason I pulled the rhizomes out last Saturday afternoon that I planted on Friday night, before they died off due to the cold. I had them in the fridge for a few days, then put them in pots yesterday. I am going to pull them inside the house tomorrow, although I have no idea where I will put them inside.

What is "snow"?

It's that ****ing white stuff that keeps coming from the sky and won't ****ing stop and is supposed to gift us again tomorrow.

I've been home from Texas just a couple of weeks, and am sick to death of the ****ing snow. And don't even get me started on the ****ing snow plow driver.

. And don't even get me started on the ****ing snow plow driver.

Yeah I hear ya on that. Wait till you get dug out then plow leaving another 3 foot wall of snow across your drive.

SE PA here and we are scheduled for 1-3" Saturday. So I know where you're coming from. You get a lot more than we do on average but when we get it good we get it too.

I live in an apartment just to not deal with that s***, but I still hear the tractors trying to get all the snow fro the parking lot ans its very noisy

Here in Roseburg, Oregon we hit 91 today, almost wouldn't mind some of that cold weather right now. Almost.

My cousin lives in Grand Rapids. I always kid him about living on the wrong side of the lake, where it seems to snow more, and that I'll only visit in July or August when it finally hits 70°. He doesn't think I'm funny.

I'm taking the family to see him this weekend for an impromptu visit.

Looks like jokes on me...

It's that ****ing white stuff that keeps coming from the sky and won't ****ing stop and is supposed to gift us again tomorrow.

I've been home from Texas just a couple of weeks, and am sick to death of the ****ing snow. And don't even get me started on the ****ing snow plow driver.

Don't hold back Yooper, tell us how you really feel! :)

If y'all don't like snow why do you live where you live? I'm thankful we had an easy winter here, except for one blizzard, we really didn't have much snow to deal with. We've been lucky to have very mild late winter/early spring temperatures. There's a winter storm watch on for my area, but this little bit will melt and not amount to much of anything.
I'll take this over the heat and humidity of Florida any day.

Going to Iowa next weekend and I'm almost disappointed that there isn't supposed to be any snow. It rained this morning here and hopefully there will be more tonight and tomorrow. Oh and it's 72* [emoji39]

If y'all don't like snow why do you live where you live?

You see, we're products of generational "imbeddedness" (not sure that's an actual word). IOW, our parents and theirs before them settled in this area. We grew up, had our own kids and raised them here. They grew up here and basically stayed in the same area and had kids of their own. Now, to move would mean moving away from the only family (esp. grandkids) we have, which any amount of snow could never make us do. Still doesn't stop us from not liking it or complaining about it.

I don't see snow in the forecast. Temps rising. I do believe this may have been the last of it for this winter. Now hopefully I can get back to installing the light/fan in the bathroom!

On a call with some clients today and they say that it's in the 70's and their boss refuses to turn on the AC. They then ask how it is in Northern Michigan and I say, "It's f*cking snowing."

::crickets::

Then ::fingers typing on a keyboard:: "Guys, he's not kidding. They're getting snow AGAIN."

We all laughed. And I thanked Jeebus that I have such great clients.

Back