Moonshine experiment (Video)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demzly

Reaction score
We made some 'Moonshine'

I think.

Will this work lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...It sure won't be shine. It won't really be beer either. Looks like **** a teenager or college student would throw together out of desperation to get drunk. Bum liquor at best.

the amount of methanol and fusels with those ingrediants is gonna be through the roof (if it were moonshine), if its successful at all but there is no mash, no still.

if by 'work' you mean do you have something that is fermentable, yes, i believe you have something that is 'working'

w/o adding hops, you don't have beer and w/o putting that fermented product through a still, you don't have moonshine. but hey, looks like you had fun...

Eeeekekkkk is right... Just looking at the first frame I am afraid to watch the video. But seriously why? Available at the grocery store down the street:

Coopers Kits Asort Vars.
Coopers Beer Enhancers 1 and 2
500g bags of gold DME
1kg bags of corn sugar
coopers yeast
assorted wine yeasts
store brand wine kits
starter kits with bucket and carboy and basically everything you need but the ingredients
wine thief
auto siphons
airlocks
sanibrew
campden
plastic beer bottles + caps
metal beer caps
glass wine bottles
corks
you get the picture

the point is basic ingredients that will yield a decent drinkable product that can be recognized as beer or wine are readily available. the lhbs i go to has that plus more selection of dry and liquid malts, and a good selection of north american hops. they also carry spirit essence, turbo yeast, and charcoal though they are quick to point out distilling is illegal in the province of BC. online i can get malted grains, specialty yeasts, more hops, and no rinse sanitizer to my door in less than 48 hours.

so i ask again why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back