Mole is visiable after 48 hours.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccdeff

Reaction score
Its only a small dot of mole, but it looks like it could grow. My Wyeast was 6 month old in the refrig and appears inactive, it was a London ESB, the wort is Malty Brown Ale. I plan to re- pitch it tomorrow morning and want to know will a Whirfloc tablet help in the clarity? Man, learning the art of brewing is not easy. Please instruct me.

You need whirlflloc in the boil not in the fermenter. I don't know that it'll do you any good if it isn't thrown in the kettle for the last 10 minutes of the boil.

Are you sure it's mold and not yeast? Is it white or black? Clumpy or fuzzy?

Clumpy white yeast rafts are not uncommon in the krausen.

Great eye, it is a white fuzzy spot with a centered dot, this could be in some small way yeast that surfaced.

Just a suggestion from a new brewer I'm on my 5th brew, but I've heard and am now reading the John Palmer home brewing book and it's easy to understand the sciences of brewing and the book really spells out how to brew and has easy recipes. Hope this helps

Back