Moisture in Home-built Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shotgun12

Reaction score
I'm starting a rather ambitious project, which is to gut-out an older GE fridge/freezer I have, and use the components to make a fermentation chiller to do lagers.
Before I began stripping the fridge, I ran a batch of 'cool brewed' and lagered ale in it, and everything seems to works fine, and there was no ice buildup on the coils.
BTW, now I know what a difference using colder temps can make .... even with an ale.
This new box will be plywood, with lots of foam insulation.
The concern I have is; what would be a good way to deal with internal/external moisture issues that I'm likely to have in hot weather?
The unit will be sitting out in my shop, which would have fairly high summer temps.
The original fridge was 18cu ft, but this one will end up less than half that when finished. Large enough for two 8 gal buckets.
Since I'm just in the beginning stages, I can still incorporate recommended features or methods that might help with overall functionality.
I'd love to hear any ideas or opinions you all might have, relating to this type of project.
Thanks

An Eva-Dry unit and a computer fan.

attachment.php

Info here...

Back