Modelo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're commercializing and making it cheaper with adjuncts etc
That's disappointing if true. I didn't like the last one I had (only one in the last 10 years), but I chalked it up to bad supply chain.

Reminds me of when Beck's started getting made in St Louis. It was one of my favorite imports, then I started getting what I thought were bad bottles...

Last edited:
a

That's disappointing if true. I didn't like the last one I had (only one in the last 10 years), but I chalked it up to bad supply chain.

Reminds me of when Beck's started getting made in St Louis. It was one of my favorite imports, then I started getting what I thought were bad bottles...

Yes! The German's snub their nose at Becks like it's BUD. Makes me wonder if the American brewed version was a different grain bill, with it's particular grainy smacking. It WAS good, even if for just a summer quaffer.
Now it just tastes like they replaced the grain component with corn syrup.
I reiterate, it WAS a good beer. The Brazilian conglomerate scooped them up and ruined the beer now.

I don't know much about German lager, but I have no problems with Beck's. I think it's unbalanced toward the dry side, but I manage to live with it without calling a therapist.

My favorite readily-available German lager is Warsteiner. If that makes me a peasant, I wear the title without complaint.

The lager I enjoyed most when visiting the former anschluss region is Gosser. Seemed to have a lot of flavor for a plain old lager. I have never seen it stateside.

As far as I can tell, and I could be wrong, Beck's, St. Pauli, and Kalik are the exact same beer.

In case anyone here doesn't know Kalik, it's well-known to South Florida boaters who tie up in the Bahamas. Clear bottles for some reason. I have seen many empties bobbing in the open Atlantic, on the Bahama banks, and in the Gulf Stream.

Wernesgrüner too, but Aldis hasn't had for ages now. At least it has a brown bottle to avoid "that German flavor" we Americanos or, uninformed, think is the hallmark of that flavor.
Me thinx that's why they put the lime slice in the clear Corona bottles IMO.

kalik sucks i still have some from my last trip to nassau. its canned so no clear bottle skunk flavor but still a tasteless beer,

i really like krombacker . bitburger aint that bad better than most commercial amercian lagers. they sell wolters all over my area for a buck a can its definitely drinkable at that price.

all of these are prolly better than modelo tbh except for maybe the kalik - lol

my 2 cents

Back