Mobile mashing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
I am sure this has been done several times, but I just thunk it up. The HBS opens at 1:00 o'clock on Sunday and I wanted to get a quick start. I put my cooler in the back of the truck filled with 174 degree water and drove to the HBS. They ground my grains and I went out in the parking lot and poured and stirred and then I went back inside and paid. I had about a 15 minute ride home then I checked my temps and I was at 151! I guess I will finish about an hour earlier than usual for a Sunday shop then brew day.

You sir are a genious! Nice going. I on teh other side am adding time to my brew day cause of that stupid "Last nite's texts" thread. I keep forgetting about my mash and water :)

Geat idea...maybe you could also plumb the engine's cooling system to the the mash tun and run some sort of HERMS or RIMS system. Probably should switch over to that environmentally friendly anti-freeze in case there is some cross contamination.

All kidding aside...nice idea on the time saverr.

All done, cleanup complete and beer is in the bucket. Not bad! I left for the store about 1:00 o'clock and finished at 5:30. Of course, I often say, it is not how fast I can make it but how good I can make it. Mobile mashing saved me at least one hour. Time for a beer!:mug:

Cheers, sir!

To you and your ability to think outside the lines.

Let me know if you plan on running for president.

I did this again today. Bumping the thread for the new guys.

Back