Mk-i

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what happened to all the pictures? this seems incredibly interesting and i would love to see what it looks like.

what happened to all the pictures? this seems incredibly interesting and i would love to see what it looks like.

I had an issue with my photo bucket account. I lost a lot of data. I can post up a pic of the MK-I. I still have it. I'll do it soon. Is there anything you would like to see specifically? I know you haven't seen it at all but......you must be interested in some part of it?

Greenmonti, if you don't go back and repost your pictures...I'm gonna sneak in like the tooth fairy and cockpunch you! There, is that enough to motivate you? CP coming your way!!! :D

GreenMonti, to be honest i'd love to see the whole progression of the build (i know its time consuming to post all those photo's). I'm playing around with the idea of using steam (already have a 40qt pressure cooker), so your build REALLY interests me.

I subscribed to this thread to see how it all turns out. While I know you have no responsibility to me to, but I really want to understand how this works.

GreenMonti's system utilizes a tubing type flash boiler to generate steam, like I do. This has an advantage as the same boiler can be used for instant water heating or steam with changes in water flow and burner fire level. Pressure cookers can not safely match the steam output you can achieve with the copper or SS tube boilers, typically 2-4 times as much heat. For boiling you need to make a steam jacket for the kettle like GreenMonti has, or use a coil of tubing to keep steam and wort separated, it works but is more complicated than a direct fired kettle is. Here is a picture of the SS boiler for the automated system in three parts, boiler tubing, burner and 6" chimney tube https://picasaweb.google.com/kevin.ladue/NewBoilerAndMixer#5244098716185213058.

What happened to this thread? I started reading the Flash boiler thread and then this one about a week ago and it just stops abruptly 8/24/11 and then 6 months of nothing. Most of the photos posted lost to photobucket oblivion. Does it pick up in another thread? I had it in my head that a flash boiler and calandria were the way to go, but how does this story end?

Back