Mixing Apfelwein and Gewurztraminer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnerdude1

Reaction score
I have made about 15 gal Apfelwein so far and was wondering if anyone has mixed Gerurztraminer with it. Was thinking agout buying two cans of Alexandar Sun Country Gerwurztraminer and mixing five gal of each...Thanks for any feedback...

To answer my own post...just mixed some Geurt. with equal part of of Apf. and it tasted great....So will buy two cans of Alexander Sun Country Gert. and mix it with the five gal Apf. I got cooking off in my cellar....

I really like this idea of using wine concentrate instead of sugar to fortify the apfelwine. Let us know how it turns out. I'll be adding it to my list of things to do.

4 days ago I made this:

Apple juice 5 gallons whole foods brand

Gewurtztraminer concentrate 2 cans of Alexander's

Nutrient/ energizer divided

Potassium bicarbonate 2 tsp

Lalvin 71b 2 packets

OG 1.090

It started to overflow my carboy the next day so I shook it into a brew bucket and added the remaining nutrient.
Today I checked on it and the gravity is less than one. I racked it to secondary and added 5 campden tabs.
It definitely tasted young but was not harsh at all with definite spicy Gewürztraminer character.
Once it clears I think I'll lightly carbonate it kind of like a vino verde.

Have 5 gal of Apf. and 5 gal of Gewurt. and will mix and back sweeten this mo. and bottle them still in April....

Back