Mixed fruit wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coriba

Reaction score
I have 6 kg of mixed frozen fruit; nectarines, plums, white grapes (Riesling and Thompson seedless) and peaches. I was going to thaw and press and then add water and sugar to make five gallons. Maybe leave the plum and grape skins in primary. a bumble berry wine.

Any suggestions on how to make this?

freeze and thaw should be enough to start the extraction process, the yeast will break it down to a pulp. I’d add peptic enzyme after thawing and mashing, then throw everything into a brew bag and put into a bucket. That much fruit by itself will get you about a gallon of wine before clearing and racking. You can add up to 1.5gal of sugar water and have what would still be considered a high fruit country wine, and have at least 2gals at bottling. Or add a couple cans of white grape juice concentrate directly to your fruit juice until you reach your desired starting gravity.

Latest posts

Back