Mississippi the last state not to have good beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravos4evr

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Great State of Mississippi is the LAST state not to have good beer (we have the 5.2 law statewide) but I know that I am flanked on both sides by Louisiana and Alabama and I can get a delerium Nocternum in each if i desire. Here though, bout as good as we get is Rogue Dead Guy and Sierra Nevada. (fine beers both considering the limitations, but dangit I want good beer!)

We've tried the free the hops thing (here it's called Raise Yer Pints) but it constantly fails......... What to do , what to do.

What did your states do to free the good beer?

MODS- I didn't intend this to be political or partisan, but I understand if you delete it as it DOES involve legislation ... But, it pertained to beer so I thought I would ask. thanx

I started Free the Hops in Alabama. It took almost 5 years to succeed here. It took Georgia 7.

Raise Your Pints is doing the work on this. I would recommend supporting them as much as you can, and it will happen eventually. It might take another few years though, as frustrating as that sounds.

Sometimes change happens very slowly.

Hang in there, it'll happen one day if you keep working at it.
You're not far from Mobile or Slidell. It's ironic, when I was in high school in Mobile in the early 70's we used to drive to Mississippi to buy beer. Amazing how things have changed.

Back