Missed Hop Addition - Ranger IPA Clone AHS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncredibleMulk

Reaction score
I brewed an AHS Ranger IPA clone last week and retained the necessary hops for dry hopping. Fast forward to a little over a week later when I am about to dry hop and I realized that I had an extra half ounce of Simicoe that should have been used in my first hop addition during brewing. This was last night. I have waited until today to do my dry hopping, but am not sure if I should go ahead and use the extra half ounce of Simicoe with the ounce of Cascade or just call the half ounce of Simicoe a loss.

I would love some thoughts about how this is going to change the end flavor/aroma of the brew and whether or not to use it to dry hop or not.

Much appreciated! :mug:

i would definately throw it in with the dry hops. I would think that a ranger ipa clone would have more than just an ounce of cascade dry hops. Those simicoe hops will give it a more pronounced piney flavor.

Please let me know how it turns out.

I'll be doing the AHS Ranger kit as soon as I get my hands on some Simicoe.

Did you use a bag or just tossed them in fermenter or did you rack on top of them to secondary?

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

Latest posts

Back