Minneapolis Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconnybrew

Reaction score
I joined the forum a few weeks ago, but haven't introduced myself yet.

I'm a homebrewer based in Minneapolis. I have been brewing for about 10 years, but got into all-grain about 2 years ago. My wife finally kicked me out of the kitchen this spring with the understanding that I could spend money on a brewing system.

So...I invested in a Blichmann brew sculpture with 2 burners, a March pump, a Blichmann brew pot to add to my others and a plate chiller. I have 3 batches that have gone through the system and am still working on optimizing the system. I still have to carry carboys down to the basement for fermentation.

I have a kegerator in the basement with only a single draught tower, wanting a double.

Currently have an Apricot Blonde Ale on tap, with a semi-sweet mead and a bourbon barrel porter fermenting. Currently planning a Belgian IPA with fresh hops from the garden at harvest time (maybe weekend after Labor Day).

Back