Mini Keg Dispensers/Kegerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBrew

Reaction score
Hi. I have started using 5L minikegs to store my beer as a cheap alternative to more expensive Corni Kegs etc.

I currently just pour from the built in tap which is fine (these are obviously non-pressurised kegs). However, I've been looking online and have seen a few dispensers/kegerator available at fairly reasonable prices. Most of these seems to be produced by smaller companies in USA and Europe which can accomodate both pressurised (commercial ones like Heiniken) and non pressurised kegs. There are units produced by Philips and Krupps but they are both only suitable for the pressurised kegs which is no use to me.

I'm just wondering if any of my fellow homebrewer's have bought/used a mini kegerator and what kind of experiences you've had with them. I'm also keen to know how long they will keep the beer fresh/carbed.

Thanks!

Bumping as I am also interested in these, and primarily concerned with how long the brew will stay fresh

Back