Mini BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tizzomes

Reaction score
So I've been an extract brewer now for about a year and sLoWly making the change to all grain.I thought the BIAB method sounded good but I'm still in the middle of converting a keg to kettle.

My question is, couldn't you do a partial mash using the BIAB style.I'm entertaining this idea because of the pot size I'm dealing with ( 5 gallon ). Thanks

Absolutely you could. In fact I would recommend it.

Personally, I think BIAB is great for partial mash but unweildy for a full all-grain mash. Others may disagree. YMMV, FWIW, etc etc.

I do biab all grain for thirding 5 gallon batches,which is perfect for those tap a draft bottles, i dont have one but I bottle.Although im thinking about getting one.I finally used up my lme so now im techiniqly doing all grain.Using about 3ish # of grain in a 3 (or 2.5 i think)gallon potBefore i was just adding a pound of extract after the partial mash,I still will use extract just to eliminate bulk base grain sometimes.If im going to use a good deal of regular 2 row i may as well use some light extract.

I do all grain BIAB batches for anything thats around 5-6%. I have a 5 gallon igloo cooler and a 5 gallon paint strainer bag. Works perfect....

Back