Midwest Supplies Winter Ale question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommybrew

Reaction score
I've had Midwest Supplies Winter Ale in the primary for about 2.5 weeks. Kit instructions said secondary was optional, but just wanted to see if A.) anyone here has brewed this kit, and B.) did you use a secondary and how long did you have it in the primary/secondary before bottling? In 2 days, mine will be 3 weeks in the primary, so I'm thinking of just keeping it in there and bottle it this weekend as long as the hydrometer readings are the same. it says it needs 4 months of bottle conditioning so I want to get it in there in time for the holidays.

I would suggest skipping the secondary, I haven't brewed this one although i am interested so let me know how it goes! but with already a decent amount of time in the primary and that long period of bottle conditioning i think the clarity will be fine without the use of a secondary

Back