MidWest/Groupon deal on basic starter kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKeg81

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
$64 for basic kit, choice of ingredients (red, stout, or amber), and other stuff. Will run about $76 after shippping. Considering I paid >$30 more than that for one (glass carboy, no plastic fermenter and no beer) locally, it seems to be pretty sweet deal.

Groupon Page - where you get the deal.

MidWest Page - brief description and video

For those of you with limited/blocked web access. A copy of some of the material:

Make alcohol the easy way with today's Groupon: for $64, you get a first-time brewer's package from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies (up to a $138.80 total value). The package includes:

A brewing essentials equipment kit (a $56.95 value)
A steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value)
Choice of an irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
An instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
A $25 gift certificate for a second batch

A $12 shipping fee is not included in the price of this Groupon.

Yeah this is a great deal, I wish I'd seen this when I first started out. Even without the certificate its awesome, but with that it is amazing.

Definitely a great deal - it's what got me in to brewing. I bought mine 7 months ago and haven't looked back!

Good stuff, good price... Still using it 1 year later plus. Get their Red Hook ESB clone with the gift certificate. You'll thank me later.

I just got an email about this Groupon from my girlfriend...wish they would have had this deal when I was starting out :)

Back