Middle Tennessee Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now we sit at 28 sacks, with several openings on the splits. The bag total includes the split sacks that haven't been completed. Still need a 1/2 of Golden Promise to be spoken for. We need 1 person to take a 1/5 of aromatic malt. We need 2 people to each take a 1/5 of Crystal 40. We need a couple folks for both un-malted wheat and Rye. We also need 2 people to each take a 1/5 of crystal 20.

Csuho is wanting to split a bag of crystal 60, he is taking 3/5 of the bag, who wants a fifth or 2? He would also like some rice hulls and he is willing to take 2/5 of a bag, anybody? Those buying some wheat should consider it.

I'll jump in on a bag of pilsner (CM-SPIL), a bag of 2-row (CM-2ROW)

I'm also looking to split 1/5 C-40 and 1/5 Aromatic, if anyone is interested.

bobby if need be I can bump up my c-40 to another 1/5. also i would need to add some cm-2row i am getting a little low i thought i had more but i have been brewing a little more than normal.
Come on guys the rice hulls are cheap cheap really cheap insurance. If you ever had a stuck sparge or slow sparge you know how handy these can be. Also for all you new guys gettin your own mill and doing your own crush now instead of having some1 else do it for you can go fine and finer to get better effeicency.

is that 35 full sacks?

The sack count is 35, but some of them are open splits. I need at least 1 person if not more for the Rye split, I have a 1/2 bag of Golden Promise not accounted for, 1/2 bag of Wheat, 3/5 a bag of crystal 40. 1/5 a sack of rice hulls, and I wouldn't mind somebody splitting a sack of un-malted wheat. If nobody wants some of the un-malted wheat then I will still buy it.

1234, if you will hold them for me, I will take a full sack of Vienna and Pilsen. I will also speak up for the other half sack of wheat (malted) if it is still available.

1234, if you will hold them for me, I will take a full sack of Vienna and Pilsen. I will also speak up for the other half sack of wheat (malted) if it is still available.

I got no problems hold them for you, did you want the Canadian Malting Pilsen and the Baird's Vienna?

Semi-off topic but where do you guys (who keg) get your CO2? I've apparently got a bad leak somewhere, because my keg just ran out, and I was hoping not to have to go all the way downtown for a new canister before the weekend.

Did you ever get my 6-row added in? That's if someone is kind enough to store it for a few weeks. I will be in Nashville the first two weekends of April.

_

Did you ever get my 6-row added in? That's if someone is kind enough to store it for a few weeks. I will be in Nashville the first two weekends of April.

_

I got your back, oh I mean your sack! I am now holding onto your sack for you, just don't tell my wife:rockin:

Semi-off topic but where do you guys (who keg) get your CO2? I've apparently got a bad leak somewhere, because my keg just ran out, and I was hoping not to have to go all the way downtown for a new canister before the weekend.

I also get mine downtown. I work just outside of downtown so I just bring my tank to work with me and fill it at lunch

I work down in Maryland Farms and I live out east on OHB just before Nolensville Pike. It's a little hard to justify a lunch that long.

The pallet now has 42 sacks on it! I am really surprised that we were able to get this done so fast. We do still need to fill out the sacks that are being split. 1/2 a sack of Golden Promise is available, really works well as a base grain for scottish ales. 2/5 of c-40 and aeromatic malt is available. I wouldn't mind somebody splitting the bag of un-malted wheat (commonly used in Witbiers and Lambics). Once those specialty grains are spoken for I will then get a quote and update you guys at that time.

if there is still a little bit of room and or if any1 else is interested in some gelatin and or the Irish moss? I have been using alot of gelatin in my beers now and it makes for a super clear beer quick and cheap. the ab vickers breakbright interests me alot. It seems to be like whirlfloc but there isn't much info out there on it at all.

According to what was posted in the Chicago group buy, we cannot buy anything other than grain. I will be sending the figures out today for a price quote. I am going to send it to 2 different groups.

A request for a quote was sent out just a few minutes ago to both NCM and another guy. We of course will go with the group that can give us the best deal.

The pallet now has 42 sacks on it! I am really surprised that we were able to get this done so fast. We do still need to fill out the sacks that are being split. 1/2 a sack of Golden Promise is available, really works well as a base grain for scottish ales. 2/5 of c-40 and aeromatic malt is available. I wouldn't mind somebody splitting the bag of un-malted wheat (commonly used in Witbiers and Lambics). Once those specialty grains are spoken for I will then get a quote and update you guys at that time.

Golden Promise is a great bas grain for alot of beers. There are alot breweries using it for pale ales and IPAS. It is a sweet, buscuity malt. Really nice! I am getting a whole sack and plan to add it to a few beers...

Back