Middle Tennessee Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J-Malone... noticed you have Emma's Brown Ale in your que. I'm brewing it today. Glad to see others chip in for a great cause.

Yea I've had it a little while, it was shipped uncrushed and didn't have a BC...so I am waiting for mine to brew it. I agree its a great cause

Completely off topic but does anyone have a basic boil kettle I could borrow this Saturday. I am doing a brew at the E. Nashville beer fest and the keg I was going to use is apparently aluminum and not going to work. Also, if anyone has a SS keg they want to sell that would also work.

Thanks

Completely off topic but does anyone have a basic boil kettle I could borrow this Saturday. I am doing a brew at the E. Nashville beer fest and the keg I was going to use is apparently aluminum and not going to work. Also, if anyone has a SS keg they want to sell that would also work.

Thanks

What size pot do you need? I might have a 10 gallon Polar Ware Brew Rite you could use. I need to go by Rebel and pick-up a new ball valve for it.

Thanks

Why won't aluminum work?

_

Anybody planning a trip to Chattanooga anytime soon? I have some gear stuck in Chattanooga and I am tired of waiting on the dude to swap my gear for his grain.

Anybody planning a trip to Chattanooga anytime soon? I have some gear stuck in Chattanooga and I am tired of waiting on the dude to swap my gear for his grain.

Let me know if you want to road trip. I am sure I can help out...

Depends on which truck I have, if needed I can take the cover off the 150 and use it.

I should be able to load 10 or so in my SUV. That leaves 22 left so it really depends on what time it is delivered and weather it is you and csuho coming.

If. Tbesst has a f 150 he could get the whole pallet unwrapped. But you might want leave the top on as I think there is some rain in the foercast. Just let me know where to be and if you need a truck and I can bring my yota.

The carrier ignored the delivery instructions and delivered the pallet a day early. Sounds good, but I just it isn't a problem for my brother at his work. Right now both Volsfan and autl are set to be in-town to help me with the transporting of the grain.

Feel free to pick-up your grain tomorrow afternoon if that works best for you. I have about 2 hours in the morning on Saturday and then I can take some grain in my truck to work if need be. I am just going to be sitting there anyways:mug:

A lot of you guys have my phone number, so please give me a call and I will give you my address. It will save me a lot of PM's.

I have to take my brother in the afternoon tomorrow for his castration (or vasectomy as he calls it) and afterward I might be able to swing by and pick it up...

I have to take my brother in the afternoon tomorrow for his castration (or vasectomy as he calls it) and afterward I might be able to swing by and pick it up...

See if your bro can lift a sac of grain after having his sac cut.:D

_

I just wanted to let you all know that I really enjoyed hanging out with those of you who stopped by today. I am really tired after helping with almost all of the splits. Volsfan, maffewl, and Tbesst were really a big help with all of the splits. I will be taking Ranger's stuff to East Park on Saturday, so I am holding the following folks' grain:

IffyG (will come next week)
mrduna01 (gicts is picking up on Monday)
tnbrewer371 (coming by on Tuesday)
beerkrump (not sure when you are coming by)
Ranger (I am taking your grain to East Park tomorrow)
Gicts (coming by on Monday)

I appreciate all the work you guys put into this (especially, 1234). I know its alot of work to coordinate all this and then get it all together and load and unload and split...Thanks!

I wish I could have stayed longer today, but I am sure I will get together with all you guys soon enough and brewing alot in the near future...(I certainly have the grain for it!...lol)

Thanks again and I hope all the splits worked out and we got all our sacks this time!

Just want to give a big thanks to 1234....nicely done on coordinating the buy. And thanks to those helping with the splits... :rockin:

Dave

When Marc (volsfan) and I picked-up the grain I was told that the driver dropping off the grain swiped the pallet against the truck getting it off. When I picked-up one of the bags to move it onto Marc's truck I got showered with Marris Otter malt. Late in the day when I finally slowed down Tim (Tbesst) and I finally pulled all of the sacks apart and found that a sack of Best Malz Pilsen was missing. It was the only sack of grain from that Maltster so it was easy to find once you really looked for it. It sucks that the missing bag and and bag that was cut open is from the same guy.

I will e-mail NCM today and follow-up with a phone call on Monday. On a positive note, it wasn't my grain this time:ban:

Just wanted to say that I had a great time with everyone yesterday! Bobby, you are a SUPER GUY for doing all of this and being so unselfish in the process. Billy, your enthusiasm for this craft will take you a long way (or bankrupt your ass...lol). Tim and John it was nice meeting you guys and I only wish that I did not live 2 and a 1/2 hours away so that we could get together more often. Thanks, Marc

Hey, was there still a group brew day tomorrow at Bobby's house? It's pretty damn hot for an outdoor brew but if more than a couple people are showing up I might make the drive.

OK, Bobby called me and said the brew day was cancelled. I still need to get my pilsner brewed tomorrow, so anyone who lives south of Nashville or is willing to make the trek is invited to my place for hanging out, playing Wii and drinking homebrew. PM me for the address/directions if interested.

Lol at volsfan... Hey, it was awesome to meet most of you guys, and volsfan, thanks for tagging along for the trip to Rebel. I had a great time hanging with you and picking your brain on this obsession. 1234, thanks for getting all this together, and I love your idea of having a rotating brew day... hopefully we can make that happen. Tbesst, it was nice to chat with you and your brew area is already looking pretty dang sweet. J-Malone, wish you could have stayed longer but thanks for your help in the splits and hopefully we can brew together soon. Just remember when putting the lotion on, use the back of your hands. bernerbrau, wish I could have met you as well, but I'm sure I will sometime in the future. And 1234, please tell John it was awesome chatting with him and I will be sending him an email soon. Also, let Tom of Rebel Brewer know that I greatly appreciated him walking me through his operation, it was a sight to see in person. Ok, if I missed anything... it was an awesome day!

Oh, and wildwest... your grain is safe in my mash tun :D

Hey maffewl I got home and the wife looked at all me stuff and said I need you to calculate up all you have spent so I know what I can spend. So guess who’s on a budget now…. still haven’t told her how much.

It was great seeing everyone, now I have all this grain and no time to brew, to much work to do around the house now that it has warmed up.

Beerkrump (Tom) stopped by today to pick-up his grain and have a couple of beers, I can drink on Sunday's during lent. It was cool to chat with a fellow former Californian. Thanks for stopping by Tom and having a couple of beers with me.

It was good to put a face to 1234. Thanks for the beers and coordinating this group buy, Bobby. I also appreciate all those who helped move and divide the grain. Hopefully, I can meet more of you soon. Maybe a brew session, or at least a bull session.

Latest posts

Back