methuselah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StMarcos

Reaction score
Am trying to source an empty one. Spent a LONG time trying to find one on the internet. It's difficult as you just get info on full ones and the biblical stuff. So I'm posting this here to see if anyone has advice on how to search. My next approach will be to contact known champagne/beer companies that use them, and ask for their supplier.

I guess the next tricky bit will be to find corks!

BTW a methuselah is a 6L bottle for champagne or burgundy. I'm of course looking for the champagne version. 6L bordeaux is called imperial I think.

I consider myself pretty skilled at finding oddball things on the net, but this is presenting a real challenge!

That is a tough search - Gotta hack away at those Google searches sometimes...!

Try this ("Wine making" +bottle +"6 liter"):

< http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q="Wine+making"++bottle++"6+liter"&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=c807e9ccc08a197a >

If you see search results that you don't want (like Children, bible, god, etc) just add that word to the search list and append a little minus sign to tell Google you don't want to see those! --

methuselah +bottle +purchase -god -children -bible

btw, these guys have something close, not a champagne bottle though (WMAG6 - BORDEAUX WINE Bottle)
< http://www.winemakingsuperstore.com/bottling/bottles.html >

- Mike

Thanks, I'm looking at that now.... Sometimes google will give you pages that don't contain some of the phrases used, usually when the other phrases are very common - it's sort of like they think you are stupid and didn't really want to use some of the words.... or sometimes...

'Get slammin deals on FIRST WORT HOPS!'

I would call some wineries, see if they have any empties they would sell. It might be a long shot, but couldn't hurt. If they have Methuselahs, they likely have the specialty shipping material for one.

If they don't have one available, but have had them in the past, you could ask them where they aquire them from. Glass companies will sell small lots of large format bottles, due to the small demand.

Good luck!

tumblr_krnik0unOB1qztjn5o1_500.png

Hi, I have one. I was going to use it as a garden ornament/water feature. Just found it clearing out shed - did a search to see if anyone wanted one and found you. Live in UK.
Sian:tank:

Back