Methods to mark sight glass Stout Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So would need to add 1gal increment and pencil a mark. Then go back and etch them.
I am thinking of adding an oring also. So I can slide to target measurement when brewing.

I looked at those.
And not sure the graduations would match up to the stout kettle glass?

The spacing is not pre-determined of the vinyl sticker though the size of the characters themselves could be the limiting factor, you would need to add one gallon at a time and adhere the sticker at the line of the water then repeat until done.

I looked at those.
And not sure the graduations would match up to the stout kettle glass?

A lot of people seem to think they're pre configured for a certain pot but I don't know how that happens. The website is pretty clear about how they get installed and even the picture of the number strip is horizontal which doesn't suggest pre-calibration at all. I've considered setting up some precalibrated strips for really popular pots but there are just too many.

Cal2-15-2T.jpg

Bobby, it is in the male gene.
We don't read instructions and we never omit to being wrong!

So after I read it, it seems like these would work.
So before I ordered I need to make sure I don't need any other misc parts!

A lot of people seem to think they're pre configured for a certain pot but I don't know how that happens. The website is pretty clear about how they get installed and even the picture of the number strip is horizontal which doesn't suggest pre-calibration at all. I've considered setting up some precalibrated strips for really popular pots but there are just too many.

Cal2-15-2T.jpg

My Wife has a Silhouette (cuts vinyl basically). "Printed" out gallon numbers with half gallon "-". I put these on the metal part of the sight glass. Looks great.

Todd

Cal2-15-2T.jpg

These do look good! And easy to install

View attachment 1479081568245.jpg

Cal2-15-2T.jpg

These do look good! And easy to install.

Cal2-15-2T.jpg

These do look good! And easy to install.

These do look good! And easy to install
the clear square material thats covering the numbers in that pic does come off (its supposed to) I had mine installed the same way for a couple of months before I realized this myself.... the installation looks a lot cleaner and professional with them removed. its just the carrier/backer material which leaves the actual numbers behind when removed (when wet)

Back