Mellow Mushroom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noontime

Reaction score
Kind of GF related, kind of beer related. My wife and I went to a Mellow Mushroom pizza joint over the weekend...really good gluten free pizza; you don't have to call ahead or anything, it's right there in the main menu, and the staff knew exactly what we were talking about. They also have a huge selection of beers for those not worried about gluten, and Redbridge and ciders for those who are. They are a chain so I just wanted to throw it out there...if there's one nearby it's worth visiting.:mug:

At a technical conference in Columbus every year, they do pizza for the lot of us. Had to have been 300 pizzas. All hot, chewey and good. Brought a few gluten-free and veggie jsut to be nice. Came in this huge box fan. I give them two thumbs up.

S

sempf - there's a mellow mushroom in Columbus?! This is great news! I'll have to find it!

I've been about 45 min from Columbus for 3 + years now and oh how I've missed the mellow mushroom in Athens, Ga!

My wife just told me that not all of them offer the gluten free crust so you might want to confirm that before travelling. They have a pretty good website too, although I don't think they identify GF locations on there.

Very cool. For those who are very sensitive, it's probably worth asking how they handle the GF pizzas and what steps they have in place to protect against cross-contamination.

Hmmm...never heard of this place. Must just be midwest and east coast or something.

Is gluten free pizza rare where you guys are? We have probably 5 or so places in a town of 80,000 or so...

It's cause you live in Glutopia (aka Oregon where people understand what celiac is)

Good name.

You'd be surprised how dumb people still are even over here. Doctors still take forever to diagnose it, and almost kill people all the time.

Although I will say that the food and beer selection is nothing short of stellar. Deschutes made a GF beer that I could not recognize as anything near sorghum. I still don't know how they do that...I need to go ask them.

This is from their website:

Gluten Free Golden Ale
Pub Exclusive
100% Gluten-free ale! This beer is made with sorghum, brown rice, and roasted chestnuts for a smooth, gluten-free experience. We used all Cascade hops for bittering and aroma. Tell your friends!
IBU's 42 | Alcohol by Vol. 5.2%

I live in Atlanta, and we have a lot of them. What I will say is the beer selection (and possibly the food) varies greatly by location. Some are BMC and maybe something like a SN Pale Ale, and some are great.

This is from their website:

Gluten Free Golden Ale
Pub Exclusive
100% Gluten-free ale! This beer is made with sorghum, brown rice, and roasted chestnuts for a smooth, gluten-free experience. We used all Cascade hops for bittering and aroma. Tell your friends!
IBU's 42 | Alcohol by Vol. 5.2%

Now that is interesting. Back when I had it there was no information on it.

Back