Megapot Selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a Megapot. I can't decide which one to get. I'm a newbe at homebrew. Haven't made any yet. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the hobby so want to start out right. I've also taken a glance at Wine making so that may be in my future. Not sure about that yet just a thought.
Anyway, should I go with the 8 or 10 gallon? Should I go all the way with the valve and thermometer? Or is that just added expense?

Go with the 10 gallon. It will allow you to make higher grav brews. If you are handy or know someone that can help you, you can add the valve and the thermometer yourself and save yourself some dough. If not, get the valve and get a digital thermometer for $15 at Target with a wire probe and save yourself the expense of having the pot already outfitted with the therm.

:tank:

I've got a 10 gallon on the way. I decided to go with only the spigot and not the thermometer, since I won't be mashing in it I don't need to monitor temperature that closely. I'll just use my regular thermometer to see when it cool enough to pitch yeast.

Back