Meeting yourself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Just lately, I've been thinking quite a lot about alternative dimensions, ways to annoy cats, and cartoon robot genitalia.

More than any of these though, I have been thinking about meeting the other me from another dimension.

What would it be like to meet yourself in person?

I'm not unhappy with who I am, in fact I'm quite proud and OK with who I think I am.....But would I want to meet another me? Hell NO!! I think I would resent that person. I would immediately know all his faults. I would see the platitudes for what they are, I would focus on all the bull**** whether it were harmless white lies or just friendly banter. I would hate to be around this person.

Think about the good stuff you might do in your life, do you REALLY do it for others? Or do you do it so you can live with yourself? I think that if you could witness your own actions from a perspective outside of yourself, everything might look a little different..............

Hold on.....Delete everything I just said....I see some things in myself that I need to work on......

After reading your post I asked the cat about the features and benefits of accessing the more esoteric dimensions they use so seamlessly. He recommended I avoid adding to the already rich body of confusion keeping humans in a frenetic state sixteen or more grueling hours a day. He said if you want to be happy like a dog, think like a dog; and above all else just stick with the six most obvious dimensions even they understand. He had such a smug look on his face I just couldn't admit we are only aware of four.

So from what I can deduce, meeting oneself may have more dire consequences than meeting others just like us and may well lead to answers we are unable to add to our collection without damaging the set. It may actually serve a greater purpose to join a group of like-minded people and let the natural process of discovering their inadequacies be your guide.

But then again should you trust a guy who listens to his cat?

I am thinking road trip with myself perhaps ending up with a case of road rage within the car because I am argumentative resulting in the neutering of several robots and cats running away afraid

You already meet yourself every day. In Psychology, it's called projection.

The idea is we project the parts of our self we find unacceptable onto others and then dislike them for those things.

Carl Jung believed it was a normal, necessary process to ease into seeing ourselves for who we really are. He called it our "shadow".

Dislike someone for lets say stealing then find out they aren't a thief. You might want to ask yourself where the idea they were a thief came from. Then if the shoe fits.........

I met my twin once, we saw each other across a crowded room. Our eyes met and we walked toward each other. Was at a dance club so we did what women do, went to the bathroom together. Stared at each other, stood side by side and admired ourselves in the mirror. Then admired each other some more. "You are so beautiful!", "Oh no, you are way more beautiful", "oh no, you are just as beautiful"..... Was incredible. After that night, I never saw her/me again. Touching moment, to keep things clean I won't get into more details....

Just lately, I've been thinking quite a lot about alternative dimensions, ways to annoy cats, and cartoon robot genitalia.

More than any of these though, I have been thinking about meeting the other me from another dimension.

I'm not unhappy with who I am, in fact I'm quite proud and OK with who I think I am.....But would I want to meet another me? Hell NO!! I think I would resent that person. I would immediately know all his faults. I would see the platitudes for what they are, I would focus on all the bull**** whether it were harmless white lies or just friendly banter. I would hate to be around this person.

Think about the good stuff you might do in your life, do you REALLY do it for others? Or do you do it so you can live with yourself? I think that if you could witness your own actions from a perspective outside of yourself, everything might look a little different..............

Hold on.....Delete everything I just said....I see some things in myself that I need to work on......

276253_papel-de-parede-meme-jackie-chan_1280x1024.jpg

After reading this thread and a few others by the op. I feel compelled to quote the great philosopher Ian Hunter. "Your never alone with a schizophrenic"

You might be interested in this Gnomie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Folded_Himself
It's about a man who met several different versions of himself. A good read.
Regards, GF

After reading this thread and a few others by the op. I feel compelled to quote the great philosopher Ian Hunter. "Your never alone with a schizophrenic"

A) I'm not schiztowotsit, it's all the others. Get out! Get out of me!

B) Ian Hunter? Mott the Hoople do philosophy now? ;)

Latest posts

Back