MeatForBrain's super easy hard apple juice recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatForBrains

Reaction score
Get 5 gallons apple juice
Wyeast 3068

Ferment out (~1 week)

Siphon off fermentor into carboy, put it in fridge (~1 week)
Siphon off more to get rid of more yeast

Add 5 cans concentrated apple juice

Put in keg and carbonate

Enjoy.

The longer it sits the more wine like it becomes.

It's great.

One tip. I don't use any special sanitizers or anything not specifically listed above. I only use a antibacterial hand wash with triclosan 3%. But I literally wash everything inside and out, yeast packets, apple juice containers etc. If you don't it will get funky tasting. The foaming hand wash rinses away very well.

When you sanitize with the hand wash is it unscented? and how many batches of this have you made? im surprised to see you aren't using any sugar?

no it scented, but that's kind of a good thing because if you can smell it, you haven't rinsed it well enough.

Apple juice has a potential alcohol level of 5 percent. But it seems stronger than that.

I've made about 7, but they all sucked. I was using different yeasts and finally figured out a good one and a simple process. for this recipe I've made 3.

Using a no-rinse food grade sanitizer like star San or something iodine based is always a good move to make after rinsing out your cleaning product. Triclosan under fda review by the way. I spend way too much money and time to risk throwing it all away by cutting corners.

I don't always make alcohol, but when I do I prefer to control it as much as possible. Stay thirsty my friends.

Back