Meat Lovers Extract Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Me and SWMBO are both a big fan of meat. However she's not a beer drinker... yet. So I'd like to make something special. I know that there have been a number of bacon recipes circulating the internet but I'd be interested in combining the following:

Steak
Bacon
Black Pudding
Haggis

So far I've only done kit recipes so I know this is a bit ambitious but it's also, to my knowledge, fairly unique.

The recipes I've seen involve dry hopping the meat after drying it out in the oven. However we both like our meat rather rare (and in most cases, as close to being straight off the animal as we can get) so I'm wondering if this technique will provide us with a more crispy taste than we enjoy. Is there another way or would it be dry hopping for different time periods?

Thanks for reading.

~ CJR

Hey everybody,

Me and SWMBO are both a big fan of meat. However she's not a beer drinker... yet. So I'd like to make something special. I know that there have been a number of bacon recipes circulating the internet but I'd be interested in combining the following:

Steak
Bacon
Black Pudding
Haggis

So far I've only done kit recipes so I know this is a bit ambitious but it's also, to my knowledge, fairly unique.

The recipes I've seen involve dry hopping the meat after drying it out in the oven. However we both like our meat rather rare (and in most cases, as close to being straight off the animal as we can get) so I'm wondering if this technique will provide us with a more crispy taste than we enjoy. Is there another way or would it be dry hopping for different time periods?

Thanks for reading.

~ CJR

You, Sir, are completely mad... and by God I love you for it! :ban:

Back