Mead tracking page for students

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you put a lot of work into the site. It looks good but I tend to take a far more relaxed approach to the hobby. Thank God for the geeks. Your work allows the rest of us lazy sobs to kick back and watch the bubbles in the air lock.

Thank you vulture! 2 more mead links added in my browser. Enjoying mead with my pagan friends around a bonfire is what got me into mead making in the first place:tank:

I just ordered honey for my first show mead and I plan on making it semi-sweet 1.010-1.012 range depending on taste test of course. Are you going to have a get together and taste test in Utah for that project? That would be cool. Let us know the results of the different varietals and which is deemed best.

I just ordered honey for my first show mead and I plan on making it semi-sweet 1.010-1.012 range depending on taste test of course. Are you going to have a get together and taste test in Utah for that project? That would be cool. Let us know the results of the different varietals and which is deemed best.

What kind of honey did you choose? Of the varietals I've used, the easiest to work with has been tupelo. I think a tupelo and orange blossom mix could be wonderful.

I will update the page as the project moves forward.

Thanks!

For this batch I am going to use blueberry blossom honey. I've been using it all summer for tea and on toast. It really has a pleasant smell and taste. Plus tomorrow night is a blue moon!

Orange is my favorite single honey mead I have tasted so far, but I have a small bottle of tupelo I am going to open tomorrow night. Sage honey sounds like it would be really good. I love the smell of burning sage!

Last years sage honey from Miller's didn't taste spicy or have any particularly notable flavors. It was just nice.

Back