Md summer brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you'd let me buy some munich off you, I'd REALLY appreciate it Stefin. I need some for a doppelbock soon and sense I'd prefer getting r@ped by you rather than MdHB :D

no problem! I wont rape ya either.... youll have to come to DC or wait till brew day (and hope I remember)

Have there been any more discussions on the Flanders Barrel Project we talked about at last brewday? I've got Jen taking a likin' to Flanders Red now which further justifies getting in on that.

I'm assuming a red wine barrel would be acceptable? I know the guy who owns Cassinelli vinyards and I may chat with him some more about getting a barrel.

What do you need? With the kid here now, my brewing has slowed and I have 2-row and wheat and maybe other stuff, that I need to get rid of, I'll sell it at whatever our last grain buy prices were per lb.

Thanks Ben, I appreciate the offer. I've got enough 2 row and wheat for a few more batches. I'll put in an order and if I need anything before that comes through, I may take you up on the offer. Cheers.

As far as the barrel discussions go, I think I am barreled up to the max. I need to re-circle all those that wanted to do an IPA barrel, since I Think the flame may have flickered on that one. I am souring my 30G in august, so if we are gonna do an IPA, I need to get some commitments.

For a flanders red, I would love to, but I think between the lambic, and my personal barrel I may be fully extended on barrel projects for the foreseeable future. If you need a barrel however, I still have my contact at Chadds Ford Winery. I think it was $125 for a 65G frenchy.

If DigDug or MadMan are going to the brewday, I will connect with them and send you the cascade hops, and some bottles of goodness in my absence.

FYI - I found out that brewday is also our local "community yard sale." I don't remember there being much around last year for it, but be prepared to fight for parking spots, and if you get bored you can always search around for cheap junk from the neighbors.

With all that additional traffic, I wonder if anyone stops in to see what we're doing. :)

Also, is everyone paired up?

I met a guy down at the homebrew store tonight who's a n00b and never brewed. told him we were brewing if he wants to come by, and maybe someone would split a batch with him.

I'm doing the Kentucky Common, so I think that would be a bit much for his first time (that and I'm mashing in a day early).

Any takers?

If DigDug or MadMan are going to the brewday, I will connect with them and send you the cascade hops, and some bottles of goodness in my absence.

I'm not going to make it but I think Joe is planning on it but that is the day he gets back from the beach so who knows.

Also, is everyone paired up?

I met a guy down at the homebrew store tonight who's a n00b and never brewed. told him we were brewing if he wants to come by, and maybe someone would split a batch with him.

I'm doing the Kentucky Common, so I think that would be a bit much for his first time (that and I'm mashing in a day early).

Any takers?

I think this might be the most unorganized brewday yet. I wish I could be there to witness it.

As far as the barrel discussions go, I think I am barreled up to the max. I need to re-circle all those that wanted to do an IPA barrel, since I Think the flame may have flickered on that one. I am souring my 30G in august, so if we are gonna do an IPA, I need to get some commitments.

Well Damn, I was still planning on it.

My buddy just bought a 1/2 barrel of the Green Flash, I'm really fired up to try it, then to try the clone recipe.

Either way, I'm going to make it regardless if it goes in the barrel or not...so there.

Good Question. I'll call the guy today to see if I can get more. I originally got 10 from him and planned on selling off a few, but now I think I "need" them for myself. :D

hey your welcome to come get your keg anytime you want. Just bring my hefe with you so I don't have to make another trip. Oh if you could keg it and let me borrow that keg it would be really cool. :)

Looks like I won't be making this one after all guys. I'll be out of town with my parents this weekend. I'll be staying tuned for the next shindig :drunk:

I would imagine based on our quarterly schedule that it would be in mid Sept? That gives us a full month to recuperate before our October lambic day. :)

Dudes - No kegs this time. The guy never got back to me.

I'll keep harping on him, hopefully next time, I think he's just really busy.

I'm still planning on coming though....unlike some recent posters!!!

Back