Md summer brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh...see? I knew Al was wrong about you.

Ok - And I also see now that Masonjax isn't going to make it this time. Does that mean you want to pass on getting some kegs this time around? Like I said, I'll be getting some more...

Yankee - How many are you looking to get?

1% is his high praise of your mead I assume.

Sorry to report boys, looks like I may have to miss this one.

I am still interested in a couple of kegs. Not racetrack though, and if you're short, I already have 11 kegs so I can wait for the next batch. Especially if there's a chance at single handle kegs.

Sorry to report boys, looks like I may have to miss this one.

Dude, that sucks. I'm still planning on making the green flash though.

Did you ever get a chance to convert the recipe to 12 gal in beersmith? If so, can you post the .bsm for all of us lazy bastards.

I am still interested in a couple of kegs. Not racetrack though, and if you're short, I already have 11 kegs so I can wait for the next batch. Especially if there's a chance at single handle kegs.

That's cool. I'll see what I can do about getting some single handles for the next one. BTW, what's the advantage of the single handle?

They're ever so slightly smaller in diameter than the standards. My kegerator is tight enough that it makes it a little easier to fit them in with the single handles. They also have straight dip tubes, which I like better. The curved ones always want to twist when I'm tightening down the post. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Dude, that sucks. I'm still planning on making the green flash though.

Did you ever get a chance to convert the recipe to 12 gal in beersmith? If so, can you post the .bsm for all of us lazy bastards.

Not yet, the laziness is strong in me too... I can get it done this week. I still plan on brewing the green flash that night too. Just have to church it up that day.

That barrel looks at me every day and wants me to fill it...

Most def. I haven't made a stout since that one and I'm getting the itch for another dark beer. At this point I'll probably make it, not sure about Jen coming along. She's still gotta show up in the brew wench costume one time :D

Yup, that's the ones. Not a bad price, but still more than $25/each with shipping. I might grab another 4 pack, cause that's still pretty good, but I'm kinda a cheapskate. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

No prob. Saw them posted in another thread and thought $16 was a heck of a deal, even with shipping...but it's been a while since I got kegs shipped, so don't necessarily know how much that is.

We need to find someone with a ton and do a MD pallet buy, i'm sure we could easily get 20+ between us.

I wish. I have to pretend I am a single dad this weekend. The wife has a bunch of crap to do, so I have the kid solo. I am not bringing her to see you hooligans. I am brewing Friday night after she goes to bed though, if you wanna stop over and drink with me.

Dayum! Beersmith calls for a 19.61gal MT for the 12gal batch.

I was considering upgrading my MT to the 70qt Coleman anyway, I guess this is as good excuse as any. Plus Amazon has them on sale now for only $35.00.

But that's still not big enough to get the Mash-In and Mash-Out as the recipe calls for.

So for those with only a 70qt MT, that would like to attempt the 12gal batch, would doing a sparge be acceptable? Or would you rather the equipment challenged stick to doing the 5 gal to get closer to the original recipe?

theres no way a 12 G batch needs a 20G mash... i think your looking at TOTAL water for the brew... and who does a 12 G batch?

Sorry, should have been more clear. It's not 20gal of water, it's total MT size. The grain bill is ~33lbs, and the mash water is ~10gal, which beersmith then calculates the minimum MT size, and it's saying a ~20gal MT is needed.

wow, must be a big beer :)

I have a 10G cooler and can mash up to about 24 lbs of grain. your best bet is to do 2 6G batches then... Ive done that in the past :)

Dammit! I just realized this is the weekend we go to the shore for vacation.... How did I not realize this when we set the date :mad:

this looks to be a small one... Janet is complaining something about fathers day.... I mean WTF!

Quiet, you. Yeah, didn't know it was Father's Day weekend or I would have said no from the start. What can I say? I've got 2 dads, so that weekend is always booked! :eek:

Back