MD spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking an IPA would be good with warmer temps coming up. What do you think?

I just had FlyingDog Raging ***** today. I think I might try and find something along the lines of that. Its a belgian IPA

No, I wish I could. Weekends are in short supply for me while my wife finishes up her certification in manual physical therapy. She's finished with the classroom crap in May, so I should be a bit more flexible for the next one.

Dude - You could have borrowed mine. I have a brand spankin' new cut off wheel for it to you could have trashed.

I needed one for other stuff anyway. Plus I only paid $10 for it used. You don't happen to have either a mig or tig though would you?

nope, sorry man. $10 is a good deal on an angle grinder. good find.

I thought you had a buddy that was an out of work welder...doesn't he have stuff "we" could borrow :D

nope, sorry man. $10 is a good deal on an angle grinder. good find.

I thought you had a buddy that was an out of work welder...doesn't he have stuff "we" could borrow :D

No, he was about to buy a mig setup but got laid off right before he did.

Grains

15.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row)
0.50 lb Aromatic Malt
0.50 lb Biscuit Malt
0.50 lb Caramunich Malt
0.50 lb Special B Malt

Hops
1.00 oz Chinook [13.00%] (60 min)
1.00 oz Chinook [13.00%] (45 min)
1.00 oz Chinook [13.00%] (2 min)

I should have the 2 row. Beer smith says I have 28.75 lbs but 1.25lbs of MO shouldn't hurt anything. I have the caramunich but none of the other specialties. If we use nugget as a sub for the chinook then I have that too.

edit- and we need yeasties

I should have the 2 row. Beer smith says I have 28.75 lbs but 1.25lbs of MO shouldn't hurt anything. I have the caramunich but none of the other specialties. If we use nugget as a sub for the chinook then I have that too.

edit- and we need yeasties

okay, I'll run by HDYB on Friday and pick up the specialties, hops, and yeast. What type of yeast do you want since the recipe doesn't specify?

So I talked to pit beef guy, and he's thinking on making some ribs. I'm thinking of smoking a pork shoulder overnight so that it's ready for lunch.

The grill is dead, so please don't bring anything that needs to be grilled. If you'd like to bring some chips and/or other snack food, all the better.

Bringing mead is more important than bringing anything else...including Stefin. I we can forget him, but bring mead - it'll be a better day for all.

See you Saturday!!!

For any of you n00bs who haven't got the address yet, please PM me prior to Friday, or there's a chance I won't see the PM until sometime Saturday.

okay, I'll run by HDYB on Friday and pick up the specialties, hops, and yeast. What type of yeast do you want since the recipe doesn't specify?

If you can, do you mind grabbing me a bottle of potassium metabisulfite? Ryan got himself a new barrel, and needs to sanitize it :D:D

With my schedule now, there is no way I am getting there before Sat.

Is there is anyone coming to brewday that still bottles? I have a ton of bottles you can have if you want them.

You know - some guy from B-more posted in like the n00b section about bottles, and I told him to pop in here...don't remember his name, but hopefully he's reading this. Not sure if he said he could make it this time though.

I still plan on joining you guys, should be there ~9ish. Jen won't be making it though. One of our cat's just had surgery and she'd like to stay home with him. I plan on bringing a 750 bottle of my semi-sweet mead, Arrogant bastard, dunkelweizen, as well as some SMaSH IIPA from the last brewday. See yalls there :)

Back