Mayweather vs mcgregor circus fight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayweather vs mcgregor

• mayweather

• mcgregor

Results are only viewable after voting.

MHBT

Reaction score
So whos gonna win this circus fight? I gotta say i dont see mcgregor beating mayweather in his 1st pro boxing match but i hear alot of people who think different..what do you think?

Who knows, look at Pacquiao Horn…. that said McGregory doesn't stand a chance, IF they followed boxing rules from 1930- early 1980's.

If the fight goes longer than 6 rounds I'll give it to Mayweather. As much as I hate his run and hide, defense only strategy....He is by far the most boring fighter to watch, ever! That being said, McGregor is going to come out hot and could easily fall into a trap. I would love to see Conor raise his hands over an unconscious Mayweather, but I'm not going to wager any money on it!

Last edited:
When did Conor ever test positive?

Yeah, he's never tested positive so I don't know why the other poster would have said that. Also, he's talked Dana into letting him fight outside of the UFC so I don't think it's accurate to say that "business negotiations haven't gone his way" either.

That said, this is a spectacle and both Floyd and Conor are going to make a ton of money.

When did Conor ever test positive?

Yeah, he's never tested positive so I don't know why the other poster would have said that. Also, he's talked Dana into letting him fight outside of the UFC so I don't think it's accurate to say that "business negotiations haven't gone his way" either.

Xernex and MeatyPortion, thank you for catching and calling me out on some BS, I will certainly edit my earlier post! I read some clickbait article a couple weeks ago about his workout supplements and how there was talk about how they should be considered to be banned. If I can find that article again I will repost it if anyone would care to read the slander. Lessons learned: 1) Do not trust clickbait ads 2) Do not post after a night of drinking!

That being said, I still want McGregor to win!

Xernex and MeatyPortion, thank you for catching and calling me out on some BS,

No worries at all - I didn't mean to sound like calling you out - honestly I thought Conor had never had a bad test; but for all I knew you could have been right, gave me something to research.

boxing rules: Mayweather wins
mma rules: McGregor wins.
Most likely no one is really going to win this embarrassment. Shades of Ali and Inoki.
Anyone foolish enough to buy this dreck deserves what they get.

The local places was going to do the PPV for this, and I thought about going. Then they posted another brewery's post about the cost, which was so high that only 1 Buff Wild Wings in this part of the state was signed on to show it.

So apparently they are discouraging gathering areas from showing the fight. I'm not sure that's a good idea. If they actually make it reasonable for a place to show it, then people might go there to watch. And the place will be busy and make money, thereby encouraging them to pay to show the fight.

If they aren't encouraged to show the fight, that means more people will have to pay at home to see it. I'm not sure enough people will pay the high cost to watch a fight to make up for the places that won't be showing it.

I think they would do better to set a price that a place of business could afford to gamble on. That way they get more customers who want to see the fight and who would be willing to pay a small cover fee to watch while they are there.

Personally, I'm not at all interested in paying anything to watch a fight. Especially one that seems like kind of a joke, like this one.

The local places was going to do the PPV for this, and I thought about going. Then they posted another brewery's post about the cost, which was so high that only 1 Buff Wild Wings in this part of the state was signed on to show it.

So apparently they are discouraging gathering areas from showing the fight. I'm not sure that's a good idea. If they actually make it reasonable for a place to show it, then people might go there to watch. And the place will be busy and make money, thereby encouraging them to pay to show the fight.

If they aren't encouraged to show the fight, that means more people will have to pay at home to see it. I'm not sure enough people will pay the high cost to watch a fight to make up for the places that won't be showing it.

I think they would do better to set a price that a place of business could afford to gamble on. That way they get more customers who want to see the fight and who would be willing to pay a small cover fee to watch while they are there.

Personally, I'm not at all interested in paying anything to watch a fight. Especially one that seems like kind of a joke, like this one.
You can just wait until the day after and catch a bootleg on youtube. I mean, this is probably going to be a huge letdown, moreso if you plunk down a ton of money to watch it live.

You can just wait until the day after and catch a bootleg on youtube. I mean, this is probably going to be a huge letdown, moreso if you plunk down a ton of money to watch it live.

I really couldn't care much less about this. For me it's watching with others and commenting on the fight. Maybe doing some Rifftrax comments. I haven't watched any fighting since I was a kid. It was a more popular sport back then.

No one's going to ask?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Gene-LeBell-talks-Steven-Seagal-s----ing-himself

As it goes, in 1991, Gene LeBell was working as a stunt coordinator on Out for Justice. At some point Seagal announced that due to his Aikido training, he was immune to chokes. When then 58-year-old LeBell heard about the claim, he gave Seagal the opportunity to test it.

LeBell set the choke up, Seagal said “Go” and Seagal promptly went. As the story goes, Seagal went to sleep and went #1 and #2 in his pants.

Ever since, either because of a rumored legal gag order (see action figure for confirmation), or because in the stunt business what happens on the set stays on the set, LeBell has never confirmed the story.

I really couldn't care much less about this. For me it's watching with others and commenting on the fight. Maybe doing some Rifftrax comments. I haven't watched any fighting since I was a kid. It was a more popular sport back then.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLV30m7gVOk[/ame]

I'll watch this fight. Mayweather has the obvious advantage. Should be a boring, disappointing fight that Floyd wins, still hoping for a Mcgregor win. I'll watch it on Kodi.

"As it goes, in 1991, Gene LeBell was working as a stunt coordinator on Out for Justice. At some point Seagal announced that due to his Aikido training, he was immune to chokes. When then 58-year-old LeBell heard about the claim, he gave Seagal the opportunity to test it.
LeBell set the choke up, Seagal said “Go” and Seagal promptly went. As the story goes, Seagal went to sleep and went #1 and #2 in his pants.
Ever since, either because of a rumored legal gag order (see action figure for confirmation), or because in the stunt business what happens on the set stays on the set, LeBell has never confirmed the story."

My understanding was Seagal was being a lot rougher on the stuntmen who were working the fight scenes with him than he needed to be. When told he couldn't get away with that crap on LaBell he confronted him. LaBell choked Seagal out and when he regained consciousness he claimed that he wasn't ready. LaBell, "Are you ready now?" Seagal. "Yes". Labell proceeded to choke him out again. The second choke out was when the soiling happened. When asked about that LaBell said that he didn't look all that close.

So, Conor can box:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jm1RLQ8o_w[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxJmNc4MTrY[/ame] (Couture discusses sparring session)

Also 8oz glove rule approved.

Things I think will happen in this "fight"

1. Mayweather will get an early knock down, just a good hit while he's off balance not damage or anything, before round 2 is over
2. McGregor is going to have my punches landed on him than his entire time fighting MMA
3. McGregor is going to have points docked for not breaking cleanly
4. Mayweather is going to win by KO between 7-10

But really, this is going to be one of the easiest paydays in the history of the world. Mayweather is going to clear more than some powerball winners dancing around McGregor and landing at will. Its offensive to any fan of boxing that this has been hyped at all.

I do really wonder if McGregor is delusional enough to think he has a chance at winning.

My understanding was Seagal was being a lot rougher on the stuntmen who were working the fight scenes with him than he needed to be. When told he couldn't get away with that crap on LaBell he confronted him. LaBell choked Seagal out and when he regained consciousness he claimed that he wasn't ready. LaBell, "Are you ready now?" Seagal. "Yes". Labell proceeded to choke him out again. The second choke out was when the soiling happened. When asked about that LaBell said that he didn't look all that close.

FYI: LaBell was the world's judo champion twice back in the mid 50s and was referred to as the world's most dangerous man.
In the 60s and 70s he worked for the Los Angeles wrestling promoters (his mother and stepbrother) as the hooker/enforcer. When any of the wrestlers balked at what the promoters wanted they got booked into a match with LaBell and ended up injured and unable to work: no work = no pay.
LaBell has also had a hand in training a lot of MMA fighters including Rhonda Rousey, he often accompanied her to the octagon. He also trained Roddy Piper's son, Colt Toombs. A couple of years ago during a short lived revival of Portland wrestling Toombs was involved in a replay of the Seagal scenario with an "English" wrestler called Gentleman George Michael.

So whos gonna win this circus fight? I gotta say i dont see mcgregor beating mayweather in his 1st pro boxing match but i hear alot of people who think different..what do you think?

Mayweather will win, but I am only watching to see if Conor McGregor snaps and either roundhouse kicks Floyd in the face or takes down Mayweather in a submission choke, of course at this point both entourages would rush the ring and we would have a brawl for the ages, hence worth the watch after the boring boxing fight:mug:

My money's on this guy.

snatch149.jpg

The better BOXER won as predicted. Its not that McG isnt tough or a good guy, its just that there are nuances and skills to every sport that must be learned. I started wrestling when I was like 5. 13 years of battling on the mat taught me stuff. Stuff that can only be taught through experience. I am a wimp, but knowledge is king. My wife was a good hs swimmer. If I challenged her it would not be close. I am surprised at the number of people, not here on hbt, but at my work who truly thought cm had a chance. I have been very clear as I was here that it wouldnt be close. To me its like saying I could do someone elses job. Sure maybe I could hold my own but experience and expertise are what they are. People sometimes get mad at me because they think i am being tough or something, but its just a skill. My wifes boss is a retired police officer and she can take me to my knees in 2 seconds by my pinky. Its like that imo.

I ended up buying the fight last night. It was a better showing than I expected and don't regret spending the $. Certainly better than the Floyd vs Manny dance-a-thon. But also exactly how I figured it would be played from the Mayweather corner to wait and unleash the rain of connections once he ran out of gas.

CM made a respectable showing and displayed good skills winning the first 3 rounds. Showed a great jab. His full punches lack boxer strength. And doesn't know how to take a round off and protect himself to get wind back. Both showed respect for each other in the end which was cool.

Just watched the fight and it was closer than the writers made it sound untill 9 and 10. People got a great show last night imo. The potential is there and i hope he sticks with it. The showing was certainly respectable.

Just watched the fight and it was closer than the writers made it sound untill 9 and 10. People got a great show last night imo. The potential is there and i hope he sticks with it. The showing was certainly respectable.

Conor lasted a lot longer than I thought. Mayweather is just so good at this, he let Conor get gassed and let a few punches in. Then Conor began to hug and almost reverted to MMA, going behind and that odd overhead punch, nearly DQ stuff. Mayweather saw an opportunity when Conor was wobbling and took it. Floyd fights a boring style, but damn he is good.

Back