May 2, 2015 - National Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna brew that day, but I'd have to get what I need from local home brew shops to get it on Friday, May 1st. Can't always depend on Morebeer to ship overnight like they do most of the time where I'm at. I'll have to check all the grains I have in my dunnage containers to see what I can brew with the least hassle with regard to what may or not be available locally.

Overnight? You've got 8 business days till May 2.

Oops,
I'm not brewing that day, unless they lay a 240V, 30 Amp line down, but will assist where needed in any which way, at the location we're gathering, Maryland Homebrew in Columbia.

@max384: Yours is a much better way to spend that day. You'll remember it for a life time.

Being retired & an unexpected bill eating up $186, I now have to wait until I get paid again that Friday. Dang. I need to at least brew the whiskely stout. Maybe the buckeye red as well?

I decided to try and use some of the grains I have built up & buy the rest to brew the buckeye red ale. Nice garnet color according to BS2. Irish reds date back to 1710 by my research, so it'll be historical, if not very popular in it's homeland.

Congratulations max384 and to your better half- may you both have a great & happy future and plenty of awesome homebrew in your future!!!!!:mug:

Congrats on the wedding day! :mug:

I've been marinating on what I'm going to brew for national homebrew day for a week now. I sort of want to make a lawn mower beer since it's getting warmer here but then again I sort of want to make an amber ale. I just kicked my keg of ipa so I don't really want to make another one right away... This is ALWAYS my dilemma. What to brew, what to brew....

Thanks for the well wishes on my wedding day everyone!

I'm getting married on the beach in Ocean City, MD, so my beers I'm serving on tap will be:
Beach Blonde Ale
Palm Tree Porter

Congrats, that's a great place for a wedding!
I once photographed a wedding there, on the beach, at one of the "pavilions" on the bay side.
One member of the bridal party decided to go for a swim, dressed and all. :tank:

Congrats, that's a great place for a wedding!
I once photographed a wedding there, on the beach, at one of the "pavilions" on the bay side.
One member of the bridal party decided to go for a swim, dressed and all. :tank:

We'r'e going to be Oceanside at about 13th street. I'm thinking a lot of booze will have to be involved to get someone in the cold Ocean in early May!

Yay for nuptials, hopefully the weather is good.
We're going to brew our first ever brew today, Earth Day Fat Tire clone! Going to need to bottle something to make a fermenter available, and get more ingredients if we want to also brew next week.... Hmmmm...

Now that must have been some awesome home brew!

This was 15-some years ago, when not many even knew what homebrew was. In today's world, it's easily conceivable a few tuxes would join him.

After dinner and partying for a few hours at the pavilion and its beach, it opened up again for regular business. Being a popular place, it filled up in no-time. Everyone retreated to the house that was rented for the occasion. This was around 5 pm.

At 10 one of the groomsmen noticed he must have left his video camera at the pavilion. That's when threats were made to burn the place down if that camera wasn't recovered, and a bunch of them left to get it... A short hour later they returned. The camera had been sitting on the window sill exactly where he had left it. Imagine that! More beer please. :tank:

I left shorty after, driving back to Northeast PA.

Hopefully I'll be watching Pacquiao beat the sh!* out of Mayweather but most likely I'll be watching two people run around a ring for 12 rounds. Atleast I'll have a nice oatmeal stout that will be ready just in time.

I'll be brewing a 3Floyds Gumballhead clone. I'll call it Amarillo by Morning...

I wasn't planning on brewing, but I think I'll lug all my crap to a brewery and brew there with other folks. That was decided when I realized not one but two of my kegs had kicked over the weekend. I think I may do a saison.

I'm moving my oldest back from college on the first and have to teach a motorcycle class that weekend, eats up a lot of time and not sure I will be able to brew anything but might be able to find the time if I can get some stuff together before hand. Won't be free early enough to hit any outdoor brewing going on in the area. Need to get something in the primary and get the pipeline going again, have been away for the last five months on work travel, at least I still have two kegs going in the keezer.

Cool! I'm scheduled to run my first marathon in Scranton, PA in October.

Wine tours are fun! Then again, I also enjoy wine and the winemaking process...

Wine makes me want to cry.

We always stop at the one brewery that is in the area, but I'm really not a fan of any of their beer. Hopefully, it will be a nice weekend to be outside at least.

I'm assuming that you're doing this at the finger lakes? Which wine trail are you doing?

Keuka Lake. We do it once a year, for my wife and mother to enjoy. My dad and I just sulk along behind them. It really is beautiful, weather permitting.. wine just really makes me want beer :cross:

I'm actually getting my first tattoo that day.

By first tattoo I hope you meant to type "Face Tattoo".

I have everything all bagged up and ready to go for a dunkelweizen... That is of course unless I get distracted and brew some other beer that happens to catch my fancy at the time (aka I read a thread about some beer on HBT and think, I want to drink that).

Coaching softball. It's opening day for my daughter's softball team that I coach. Pictures in the morning, parade at 1:30 and game at 5. Happens every year. Plus, I'm missing the only Beer Festival that I can actually walk to from my house that same day as well. I love coaching softball for my kid, but this is a really bummer of a day for me.

I am actually hosting a Big Brew Day event at my house. I will be brewing 2 batches.. a copy of Cheesefood's Caramel Vanilla Cream Ale and a recipe I came up with (based on recipes, thoughts and ideas I have gleaned from the forum) for a Caramel Chocolate Coffee Stout. I also have 2 other brewers coming over to brew, but not sure what they are making. And a few other people coming over just to hang out, grill and drink. Two of them (if they both make it) are homebrewers that started their own breweries in town. Looking forward to a fun day!

Well, I've had a change of plans. My state refund posted today! So I'll be ordering the ingredients for my Buckeye red ale, & the updated version of my Whiskely stout. This iteration of the stout will have more chocolate flavor to go with the Bourbon-soaked white oak chips. I thought it sounded even better. More flavor overall as well. But that caramel chocolate stout sounds like it'd be good if it comes out like those Kraft Royals mixed with a stout too! I might just like to trade stouts when they're done if it sounds good to you?

Overnight? You've got 8 business days till May 2.

Oops,

I'm not brewing that day, unless they lay a 240V, 30 Amp line down, but will assist where needed in any which way, at the location we're gathering, Maryland Homebrew in Columbia.

@max384: Yours is a much better way to spend that day. You'll remember it for a life time.

See you there, I'll be the only guy in the parking lot with a stumpView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430504858.218600.jpg

Well, after taking momma to the Dr, I went a bit further up the street to JW Dover for some yeast I forgot to order with all those grains. Luckily, they had a fresh shipment in, so I got my two packs of S-04 for the next two brew days. Now if I can just fix the spigot hole on the Cooper's Micro Brew FV it's all good from there! Got a nice tripod for less than 15 bucks at Walmart for my new Canon. I'll get some brew day pics tomorrow as well.

Back