May 2, 2015 - National Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Gold LME, yeast & hops outta cold storage to warm up a little. Gotta get the grains out & get'em milled as well. Maybe get a clearer pick of the grains this time?!

Just going out for a bike ride now. Then coming home to pack. At four I leave for Bangalore.

This, regrettably, has nothing to do with homebrew. I suppose I'll have to settle for having a homebrew with lunch!

I'll be brewing a 3Floyds Gumballhead clone. I'll call it Amarillo by Morning...

I ended up doing T-Can and Bearcat's Wheaten Beatdown instead, opting to save the Gumballhead for a day when my son can join me for a brew day...

I guess we pleased the brewing gods? I couldn't sleep from my back hurting after slip/fall yesterday, so I got up & saw bursts of bubbles started at 5:21AM. Good pitch/temp I assume. Cool.

5 GAL OF CENTENNIAL BLONDE

Pitched a starter of WY1272 and had bubbles 4 hours later... Gosh I love making viable colonies of yeast:mug:

A day late, but my first attempt at a Session IPA is on!

image.jpg

I brewed a Rye IPA with a friend who had never brewed before. It was a good night! Looking forward to the beer!!

Back