Mash tun manifold help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsmjack

Reaction score
Hey lads, I have been building a new mash tun as my old one was small and could barely do partial mashes so any way I've built a 26l mash tun. So I'm having difficulty working out how I'm going to attach my manifold to my ball valve. I have got 1/2 inch copper T piece that I plan on attaching to my valve but how? I cant find a coupler that can do what I have in mind. Would having a hose barb with silicon tubing suffice?

Also should I leave my manifold loose in order for easier cleaning or solder it together?

I can post a pic of my equipment to help explain if need be.

Thanks for the help,
Cheers :)

Don't solder it together except for maybe some of the small pieces. Easier to clean that way.

Use a piece of silicone tubing to connect manifold to bulkhead. You may be able to find a reducer to slip the silicone hose over, instead of using a barb.

I've done that and fits perfectly. thanks mate. Can I use some kind of tape to make my manifold more rigid as oppose to soldering?

I wouldn't use any kind of tape. The chemicals in the glue will leach into the mash. I made mine a tight fit so the tun basically keeps it together.

null_zpsbee5c4a6.jpg

Back