Mash Deer! 6 Points!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jma99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest brew day fan, loves the 20+ lbs of spent grain! Mash deer 2.jpg

Note spent grain around feet (hooves)

Cool! They always seem to love the jack o lanterns after we toss them out back in my area. But spent grain as well :)

I've noticed they really like spent grain. I have them in back of the house all the time after I clean out the tun. That one looks healthy, and might be a 7 pt. Looks like he might have 4 pts on the left side ( his right ) of the picture!:off::off::off:

The rabbits seem to love the stuff also. I have a trail camera and need to set it up to see what else is eating my brewing left overs pile.

I'm actually in the city limits of Duluth, MN and the deer in my yard all look fat and happy!

Earlier this year I had a couple of black bears raid my apple trees!

That's cool. I feed the deer my left overs as well. They only come at night though. I have some pics from my trail cam of some nice bucks that come during rut. Here's one from a couple of years ago.

image-2863104970.jpg

It's amazing that they like the spent grain so much. We have a winter wheat field right behind us and they skip right over that and jump my garden fence to eat it. After seeing those pictures I will get the trail cam out for sure and see what kind of pictures I end up with.

Stevo2569 said:
That's cool. I feed the deer my left overs as well. They only come at night though. I have some pics from my trail cam of some nice bucks that come during rut. Here's one from a couple of years ago.

That is a very nice rack.

Back