Marvel Kegerator Temperature / Identify Model?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maykinit

Reaction score
I just purchased a Marvel Kegerator. I'm not quite sure if I have an issue with temperature or not. Running for about 17 hours now. A digital thermometer inserted into a bottle of spring water that has been in the unit for this period of time shows 39 degrees with some ice forming behind the plate in the rear of the unit. The dial on the thermostat has numbers from 1 to 7. It is set on 7. After having read some posts here, I've now put a 40 quart aluminum pot in the unit half full with water. I will monitor the temperature of the water and see what I get. I've lowered the thermostat somewhat thinking that will have an impact on the ice? I'd like to identify the model I have to see what the manufacturer states as being the range of temperature it is capable of? This is a problem in that the plate is not completely legible. I a posting some pictures here with a hope that one of the gurus here will be able to make an identification of this kegerator for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it is not obvious already, I have never brewed before. Thanks very much in advance....

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

If is of course a used unit and I am told about 8 years old if that helps at all.

Back